Anonymous?

Teg

Quite the Aristocrat
Retired Staff
Nov 17, 2015
Georgia, USA
tck.boards.net
I allow the ability to go invisible so that people cannot see if the users are online or not. Otherwise, I don't think there's even an option to login anonymously. I've never even heard of that, to be honest.

Andrew7765

The Prefix Dude
Retired Staff
Nov 28, 2015
I allow the ability to go invisible so that people cannot see if the users are online or not. Otherwise, I don't think there's even an option to login anonymously. I've never even heard of that, to be honest.
I have never heard of that either. I do allow users to go invisible. I know on 4Chan you can post without an account but that is the only forum I know of that you can go "Anonymous" on.

Belthazar

Ex-Shot Caller
Retired Staff
Mar 4, 2015
America
I allow members to login without being seen. I actually do it quite a bit myself. It's a handy little feature that ensures no one else knows how little of a life I actually have.

xXInfectedXx

Quite the Aristocrat
Mar 26, 2015
I allowed anonymity on my forum. It's important that everyone can there privacy for the right reason. I never used this but I saw other users used this feature that was enabled on my forum.

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
We allow our user here on the forum the ability to login without being seen by other members. I've logged in anonymously on forums in the past. Every legitimate user here needs the privacy for one reason or another and we respect that. Then there are some users who log in without being seen just for the sole purpose of spamming. It always come back to bite them though.

Chris Grigg

Executive
Retired Staff
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
www.USHost247.com
We allow our user here on the forum the ability to login without being seen by other members. I've logged in anonymously on forums in the past. Every legitimate user here needs the privacy for one reason or another and we respect that. Then there are some users who log in without being seen just for the sole purpose of spamming. It always come back to bite them though.
That's okay, my dog loves to bite. :smilingimp:
Anonymous log in is a bad idea. Hidden from the community when you're on? That is okay.
I've even seen some plugins where users can post in a forum and it removes all your information from your post so no one knows who posted it. The only reason I would see for this is a certain forum that is made for people to express themselves without fear of retaliation or to get something off their chest. I've seen these kinds of plugins for forums that is dedicated to the communities of the abused, suicidal, etc.

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
That's okay, my dog loves to bite. :smilingimp:
Anonymous log in is a bad idea. Hidden from the community when you're on? That is okay.
I've even seen some plugins where users can post in a forum and it removes all your information from your post so no one knows who posted it. The only reason I would see for this is a certain forum that is made for people to express themselves without fear of retaliation or to get something off their chest. I've seen these kinds of plugins for forums that is dedicated to the communities of the abused, suicidal, etc.
Down boy! Down! Boy that dog loves to bite. :tongueout:

I meant to say hidden, not anonymous. I was having conversation offline with a family member who anonymously pulled an prank on a rotten stinker. I'm not even going to go there. Whenever a user chooses to remain hidden online, then that's OK. Anonymous login isn't a great idea at all. I agree.