Anyone using Host Gator?

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Nov 4, 2017
Ill have a look in the morning on google about that EIG company. :yum: They have bad reputation then i guess? :yum:
That is correct it's even noted on popular website hosting communities. I am sure your search engine will throw up at least one of those at you in regards how bad EIG is really is.

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Nov 4, 2017
Don't use Host Gator or any company owned by EIG. Take a look here of all the companies you should stay away from: https://www.endurance.com/our-brands/

Also would not recommend GoDaddy.

If you want a good host, check out BlimpHosting :wink:
Most of this I would agree except the last part...

There is no such thing as a "good" provider, only a provider that is good for YOU. For example many people like OVH servers because they are cheap, work, and they "comes in a can". But for someone who need supportive hosting it will be the last place on their list.

Chris Grigg

Executive
Executive
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
www.USHost247.com
Most of this I would agree except the last part...

There is no such thing as a "good" provider, only a provider that is good for YOU. For example many people like OVH servers because they are cheap, work, and they "comes in a can". But for someone who need supportive hosting it will be the last place on their list.
I agree with this.
One host is not the best for everyone. One host that is completely everything one could ever want may not be what someone else needs.

Back on topic,
EIG purchases good hosts that are doing swell and then they bring their admins in and their staff and lay off people and then support takes longer (if you even get a reply) and then services start to get slow and problems start occurring. The complaints are never ending.

Andrew7765

The Prefix Dude
Retired Staff
Nov 28, 2015
Something tells me you might be a little bias. :yum:
Hahaha, maybe a little bit. :wink:

Of course I was just joking in the post and it wasn't meant to be taken serious (unless of course you want the service than 100% go for it it's great) again just joking haha

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
Hahaha, maybe a little bit. :wink:

Of course I was just joking in the post and it wasn't meant to be taken serious (unless of course you want the service than 100% go for it it's great) again just joking haha
Nah, I'm not looking to change hosts. My provider takes pretty good care of my needs. :yum:

I do think your web host looks great though.

Daniel

Drastically Average
Jan 18, 2018
Wow, this thread is extremely informative. I know where I won't be buying from in the future or even suggesting...

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Nov 4, 2017
Wow, this thread is extremely informative. I know where I won't be buying from in the future or even suggesting...
Indeed the sad part though unless you were aware of EIG and who they really are their details reels you in so much. I literally almost lost a customer because of their low prices (GoDaddy as well). :(

But the good news that they did indeed did final research of these brands on their own and decided to be my loyal customer. :smiley:

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Nov 4, 2017
I used Host Gator a long time ago and had no issues with them, sites all worked great. My only complaint is that they were too pricey at the time.
Unfortunately to be fair those pricing were likely necessary in order to maintain such qualities they had in the past. As a general rule the more you pay the more you can expect. It's just he matters whether or not if the customers find that those extra values worth the extra costs.

For example most customers don't care to pay double of the cost for HA in the name to save a couple of minutes of downtime here and there per month.