Bowling?

dfarmer2001

Constantly Improving
Jun 22, 2015
I have received much feedback on the bowling topic. Most tell me, bowling isn't considered a sport because you don't run, then I tell them they are crazy and just because you don't run doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a sport. However, I do believe it is a sport because I am on an organized team in which requires lots of effort, sweat, and stress to fight to win. So, in conclusion, I believe it is a sport. What do you think and why?

Andrew7765

The Prefix Dude
Retired Staff
Nov 28, 2015
You do run when you throw the ball, haha. I don't know. Not a big fan of bowling. As you can probably tell I know nothing about it.

Joshua Farrell

Constantly Improving
May 18, 2015
What? Bowling is a throwing sport (like baseball), so why would people think it is not a sport?

Infact, people get paid hundreds of thousands, if not millions when they play professionally.

Christopher

Former Owner
Retired Staff
Mar 11, 2016
I regard bowling as a sport. It's no different than throwing a basketball in a hoop, hitting a ball with bat or smacking a ball over a net.

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
I have received much feedback on the bowling topic. Most tell me, bowling isn't considered a sport because you don't run, then I tell them they are crazy and just because you don't run doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a sport. However, I do believe it is a sport because I am on an organized team in which requires lots of effort, sweat, and stress to fight to win. So, in conclusion, I believe it is a sport. What do you think and why?
I agree with you. Bowling is most definitely a sport, just like any other sport out there. It involves a ball, scoring, techniques, and has been played by professionals for years, not to mention regular people who play it for fun. Bowling has always been a big part of the sports world. I can personally remember how big it was in the 20th century. That was definitely a big thing back then. Every where that you went, you were sure to find a bowling alley somewhere. That was one of the big ways that family and friends bonded and spent time. It still is in many areas.

Empire

Constantly Improving
Apr 2, 2016
Australia
www.baysidegamers.com
what bowling are we talking about here? we have tenpin blowing then lawn blowing. Regards to myself I love tenpin. If I was able to afford to go once a week I would. And I do get better at doing it.

My first time ever that I thrown the ball, I got an lucky strike. It was so bad also that made and load noise and almost messed the flooring up