Websites/Domains [Closed] - 30 USD only - HostingCompany.xyz (forum, license use - not domain) for sale 1,524 posts

jyy

Quite the Aristocrat
Sep 6, 2017
Meaning you can use the license for the site, but not own the license. I guess kinda leasing it you.
The license can possibly be renewed and transferred later.

What do you mean by license use? Is the XenForo license not transferable?
If it's renewed, then it can be transferred.

Note, also if you don't want the posts, we can work out some leasing deal instead. That way you can make the forum about whatever you want.

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
I took over someone's account, so now it's mine. That was the deal I made with him.
That probably means it's been transferred before, which would mean that it cannot be transferred again. Anyways, if you simply took over his account, XenForo doesn't consider you the owner of the license. The original owner can take back possession of the license if he ever feels the need to do so, so you can't really guarantee that license use would be included. That's guaranteeing that the forum will always be attached to this particular XenForo license, and that's something that you can't guarantee, if you aren't the actual owner of the license (in XenForo's eyes).

jyy

Quite the Aristocrat
Sep 6, 2017
That probably means it's been transferred before, which would mean that it cannot be transferred again. Anyways, if you simply took over his account, XenForo doesn't consider you the owner of the license. The original owner can take back possession of the license if he ever feels the need to do so, so you can't really guarantee that license use would be included. That's guaranteeing that the forum will always be attached to this particular XenForo license, and that's something that you can't guarantee, if you aren't the actual owner of the license (in XenForo's eyes).
The forum posts are still worth something if the situation is too strange. If not on the forum, but they can moved moved to another forum.