Do you approve each blog comment? or let them auto-approve?

Sean Quinn

Almost Special
I actually just noticed a setting on mine now that you mention that. It is to set it so that the comment is auto-approved if the person posting it has already had a previous comment approved, if it is a first time commenter on my blog, then the comment will have to be manually approved. :yum: I have mine set to this now. :smile:

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
While I've not managed a blog in a very long time, I've always had manual approval set for blog commenting. Even with having a couple different types of anti-spam add-ons installed, there always seemed to be a little bit of spam coming through, so this feature keeps that in check.

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
Years ago when I had my blogs, I would manually approve comments on them. On a few of my blogs though, I totally disabled commenting. I got tired of having to verifying if every comment was legitimate or not.

xXInfectedXx

Quite the Aristocrat
Mar 26, 2015
My blog is, not that active averaging 6-10 blog comments a week. Even though my blog isn't overly active, I'm getting a lot of spam bots which are registering, spam can heavily effect SEO(search engine results) so I have decided to approve each comment manually.