Do you like .xyz?

jyy

Quite the Aristocrat
Sep 6, 2017
.xyz has a hip new generation sound to many. Also, some like it due to the fact it can mean whatever you want, though some might specifically associate it with 3D stuff (x, y, z coordinates) or perhaps the word random. For instance, TheClub.xyz might mean "any random club".

Last edited:

Ash

Almost Special
Council
Mar 24, 2015
London, UK
www.revenueportal.net
I did it one of my forums but it's just not for me. I don't like it that much. If you're going for just a chilled site and don't care about it from a business point of view then its view but like Cameron said, if you want to look serious, this is not it because it just looks tacky.

edenwax

Designer
Developer
Feb 17, 2016
ed3n.me
I actually like .xyz! Having a somewhat common name, its nice to be able to get my own name into a domain that isnt .net or .org.

Clarendon

Almost Special
Banned
Oct 22, 2017
London
I like .xyz and I thinks it an excellent, hip, modern and new domain name which certainly makes you stand out. Purchased two for my upcoming projects and very suprised at the price as it's one of my favourite domain :yum:

jyy

Quite the Aristocrat
Sep 6, 2017
Tackiness and the like seems subjective. However, though, I'm not immune to such thinking. For instance, I don't really care for .website and .site simply cause it doesn't ring a bell with me much. Nonetheless, that attitude can change.

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
Do I like it, Nope. doesn't suit the website. But some use it and end of the day if you can remember the domain and you on there website, it doesn't bother me.

But I only use .com or .org or .net
Unfortunately, there are way too many companies with thousands of parked domains, especially domains with the typical .com, .net, and .org extensions. A lot of people have to resort to other extensions.