Do you separate your domains from your host?

Do you separate your domain from your host?

• Yes, in other places such as domain.com, Namecheap.com, Godaddy.com, etc.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No, I like simplicity and keep it together with my hosting.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
Yes, I've always kept my domains separate from my hosting provider. I guess I try not to put all my eggs in one basket, in case anything ever goes wrong. :yum:

The big name domain registrars typically have a little bit better pricing, so saving money is another reason for that.

Drew

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Feb 13, 2016
xenfiles.com
I feel more secure with registering the domains through enom or something like that just incase something was to ever happen, i'd hate to see johndoehstinganddomains.com go under and all my clients be screwed.

Claraviolet

Quite the Aristocrat
Mar 10, 2015
I do have my domains and hosting with godaddy. I have purchased them 3 years back and I was new to webmaster stuff.
So, I have purchased the domains and hosting from godaddy. Now, I am a bit hesitant to move from godaddy. I know fellow webmasters who had to start over because of some silly mistake. So, I don't wanna make any such mistakes and I am afraid I might mess up stuff.

I am planning to move at least my domains to namecheap. I have heard that their renewal costs are less when compared to godaddy. May be during the long run, I might switch the hosting too.