Does Anyone Still Use SMF?

Belthazar

Ex-Shot Caller
Retired Staff
Mar 4, 2015
America
A few years back SMF seemed to have been a pretty popular software. Now I rarely see anything being made on it. Does anyone really still use it?

Thomasss

Retired Moderator
Retired Staff
Nov 19, 2015
The Clouds
I honestly thought they stopped development on the software and it became one of those ancient softwares; I really don't see why people would still use it, it's not really up to any modern standards now.

KnownSyntax

Surprisingly Adequate
I honestly thought they stopped development on the software and it became one of those ancient softwares; I really don't see why people would still use it, it's not really up to any modern standards now.
You should take a look at their beta of version 2.1, it's pretty much bringing that whole software into the more modern world with a new theme/style, features that people actually want, and a few other things that have been fully redone. I see SMF being used on more game related forums such as for clans, guilds, etc. than just for any other type of usage.

Shortie861

Constantly Improving
May 23, 2015
I very rarely now see anyone using SMF. I remember using once way back when I first starting creating forums and I could never get on with the software and as much as they released updates there never seemed to be any big changes and it always stayed so basic. I wasn't aware they were still around to be honest as I hadn't heard or seen anything of them for a long time. I will have to check it out again and see how much it's changed as I really do feel they were lacking a lot when it came to comparing to other forum software.

IdeaGirl

Surprisingly Adequate
Apr 14, 2016
I remember seeing this around a lot before, now not so much. Personally, I never used it, thought about it a few times, but never made the plunge. Maybe I will take another look at it since it is being mentioned.