Domain Hacks

jyy

Quite the Aristocrat
Sep 6, 2017
Basically, they are domain names which make a witty word or phrase. For instance, GoingForThe.Win would be one and also TheHosting.Club. Anyway, these things seem to be in style now so do you have one or have you heard of any witty ones?

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
I've seen a lot of catchy domains like this, especially with the rise of all of these new domain extensions that have come out in the last few years. For example, there's a free forum host I've seen advertised a lot lately that has "Foru.ms" as the domain name.

jyy

Quite the Aristocrat
Sep 6, 2017
Oddly enough though, despite the fun, only a .com seems to have marketing power. Other stuff is confusing. Do you think a lot of people can remember these domain hacks - or any other non-.com domain?

edenwax

Designer
Retired Staff
Feb 17, 2016
ed3n.me
I used to have an image host called Cyanima, and I was able to get the domain cyan.im.

Then I figured I could link the images like http://cyan.im/a/image.png I thought that was kind of neat!

jyy

Quite the Aristocrat
Sep 6, 2017
I've seen a lot of catchy domains like this, especially with the rise of all of these new domain extensions that have come out in the last few years. For example, there's a free forum host I've seen advertised a lot lately that has "Foru.ms" as the domain name.
It seems to have a big advantage. For one thing, you get cPanel access. I wonder what the negatives are?