Favorite Blogging Platform

TheWhiteNinja978

Quite the Aristocrat
Apr 4, 2016
We all have our own personal preferences, some like Wordpress others like Blogspot, etc.
I tried both of them and could never get used to the UI interface and/or how blogging worked AKA it's not for me so I could honestly say that I have no favorite/personal preference.

What about you?

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
I had a number of different blogs on Blogger in the past. Some were personal, others forum related, movie reviews, etc. I shut them down a long time ago and haven't been back into blogging since. Maybe I'll return to it someday, or maybe I won't. The setup was very easy for me to use and people often complimented me by saying that my blogs looked more like websites then actual blogs. That was one of the things that I was actually aiming for and trying to be different from the rest. If I ever return to blogging, then Blogger would be my first choice.

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Nov 4, 2017
Your not alone, maintaining a blog alongside of your website is indeed just like maintaining a totally separate project in itself. Given it need it own separate protocols to be followed for it to "convert" into your project that your trying to do.

So as in a project, a marketing mean that work well for one in this case a blog, may not work for another person.

Teg

Quite the Aristocrat
Retired Staff
Nov 17, 2015
Georgia, USA
tck.boards.net
Personally, I prefer WordPress over most other blog sites. I also use to be really big into LiveJournal as a teenager! I might just go see what's changed about that site. I've not had too much experience with blogger, but from what I have seen of it - it looks pretty neat and easy to use.

daica85

Surprisingly Adequate
Sep 28, 2017
SG
ecoupon.io
I used to have a blog years ago on blogger, but now i have set up and had running my first ever wordpress blog, i really like wordpress and if i was to ever do a second blog, it would be wordpress too. :smile:
Why didn't your use self-host WordPress, with your own domain, hosting?

JeffLarsen

Despairingly Simple
Dec 22, 2017
www.enettechnologies.com
WordPress is the best platform for a non-technical person to create his own website. It's easy to use, search engine friendly, easy to customize, available with e-Commerce, safe and secure, mobile-friendly, multi-user capability and many more. That's why WordPress is my best selection.