Forum Owner Title?

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
For the members of this community who own forums, what usergroup title/rank do you prefer? Do you prefer owner, administrator, manager, director, or something else?

Personally, I prefer the rank I have on here, which is Lead Administrator.

What about you?

JewishPoptart89

Retired Administrator
Retired Staff
Council
Nov 27, 2015
Wisconsin
This isn't a business. Thus being said, titles like "Owner, CEO, or manager" shouldn't be used. I like Lead Administrator as well, it's literally the job you're doing.

Golddisk

Constantly Improving
Jan 21, 2016
A lot of times I just user Administrator, although if you have a team of a few admins, sometimes that can get confusing. In those cases think just using "owner" or "Lead Admin" or something like are the best choices.

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
A lot of times I just user Administrator, although if you have a team of a few admins, sometimes that can get confusing. In those cases think just using "owner" or "Lead Admin" or something like are the best choices.
This pretty much covers how I feel about this. At some point, I'd like to be called the "All Powerful Leader" though. Or maybe "The King."

I'm going to start using the title "Owdmin" :yum:
Admiwner.

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
Does "Executive Dictator" sound good? We should make that change today! It sounds very professional.
I like it and I am all for it. Does "Assistant Dictator" sound good for Drew? How about "Head Minion" for me and "Minion" for the rest of the team?

Clarendon

Almost Special
Banned
Oct 22, 2017
London
I feel the term Executive Director sounds professional and is inline with the other leaders or as they're known here, Directors. In the past I've normally just used Administrator as I wanted to be equal and have an equal say with my staff

Claraviolet

Quite the Aristocrat
Mar 10, 2015
As I am an admin in an anime forum, I prefer "Akatsuki".
It means dawn or daybreak. It is fun to have the group names, related to the niche, rather the default titles like admin, manager, director and such. I have been thinking of changing other group names as well to make the forum, more lively.

Also, it's better to take inputs from the user and use polls and such to decide one. In that way, the users would feel like a part of the forum and they would know that their opinions do matter.
That is how every forum should be. At least in my opinion anyway.

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
It means dawn or daybreak. It is fun to have the group names, related to the niche, rather the default titles like admin, manager, director and such. I have been thinking of changing other group names as well to make the forum, more lively.

Also, it's better to take inputs from the user and use polls and such to decide one. In that way, the users would feel like a part of the forum and they would know that their opinions do matter.
I remember years ago when I was a moderator and later a co-administrator on a very popular video game forum, we had some of our own unique username titles for everyone on the forum. I can't remember what they were now, but I remember I really liked them a lot.

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net

I've also owned forums where the group names were related to the niche. On my sports forum, all of the administrators were called Commissioners. The global moderators were Managers, and then I believe the moderators were Coaches, or something along those lines.

xXInfectedXx

Quite the Aristocrat
Mar 26, 2015
Used Administrator before, prefer it personally. I don't like the sound of the other ranks. Lead Administrator sounds a good title, if made the decision to make another site.