How protective of your computer are you?

Thomasss

Retired Moderator
Retired Staff
Nov 19, 2015
The Clouds
I don't let anyone touch my computer, all my settings, all my little icons and everything is just how I like it; and I don't really trust anyone to use my computer. :yum:

I mean, my computer is password protected to the T, multiple passwords, everything. xD Yeah, I'm pretty protective. :yum:

How protective are you of your computer?

Belthazar

Ex-Shot Caller
Retired Staff
Mar 4, 2015
America
I live alone, so I don't need to password protect mine. I don't let anyone else use it though. I like to keep some of my Internet history private. :yum:

Claraviolet

Quite the Aristocrat
Mar 10, 2015
My family knows my laptop password. I don't really care about privacy when it comes to family members.
As for the normal security, I do have password set for my computer and I don't use any hints for it. Also, I use Kaspersky. I have been using it for 6 years. It protects me when I am browsing stuff on the internet.

I had keylogger a while back but I have uninstalled it, as it was creating too many log files and such. I do hide my files, when someone else (other than my family members like friends, colleagues) uses the computer though. I used to have a cooling pad for my laptop but not anymore. I am planning to get one though.

Chris Grigg

Executive
Executive
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
www.USHost247.com
I spent $3000 on my mining/gaming computer, so I protect it with my life haha.
I have a Nest Cam that records 10 days of 1080p HD video and audio recording of the room with my computer.
It isn't password protected due to it mining 24/7 (crypto) because the pc will reboot if it fails during the mining and auto-restart mining.

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Nov 4, 2017
I spent $3000 on my mining/gaming computer, so I protect it with my life haha.
I have a Nest Cam that records 10 days of 1080p HD video and audio recording of the room with my computer.
It isn't password protected due to it mining 24/7 (crypto) because the pc will reboot if it fails during the mining and auto-restart mining.
I seriously fails to understand why GPU miners are any way more valuable than ASIC units. Why drop 3k on a very less effective mining "rig"? When you can do something like...

Building a rig JUST for gaming

Then funneling the rest for an ASIC miner?

Is it something to do with better "recycle ability"? And/or ease of resale?

Anyways since I am only one in my room I have it auto log me in. But just like Windows' "run as Admin" and admin operations Linux Mint will require manual operations for updating and such. To secure it further backups and restores cannot be done without knowing my encrypt key. :smiley:

Chris Grigg

Executive
Executive
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
www.USHost247.com
I seriously fails to understand why GPU miners are any way more valuable than ASIC units. Why drop 3k on a very less effective mining "rig"? When you can do something like...

Building a rig JUST for gaming

Then funneling the rest for an ASIC miner?

Is it something to do with better "recycle ability"? And/or ease of resale?

Anyways since I am only one in my room I have it auto log me in. But just like Windows' "run as Admin" and admin operations Linux Mint will require manual operations for updating and such. To secure it further backups and restores cannot be done without knowing my encrypt key. :smiley:
Yes, the resale value holds up. The 1080ti will be able to be resold if crypto hits the fan and no longer worth it. High profitable ASIC miners cost up to $5,000. So building a GPU rig to be able to game AND mine on is worth it.

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Nov 4, 2017
Yes, the resale value holds up. The 1080ti will be able to be resold if crypto hits the fan and no longer worth it. High profitable ASIC miners cost up to $5,000. So building a GPU rig to be able to game AND mine on is worth it.
I see, that make more sense. Thank you for explaining that to me. :smiley:

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
My wife and I are very protective over our computers. They are all password protected and we have a very good antivirus software program on all of them. You can never be too careful in this day and age.

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Nov 4, 2017
My wife and I are very protective over our computers. They are all password protected and we have a very good antivirus software program on all of them. You can never be too careful in this day and age.
Prevention is all well and good but don't forget your backups! Just in case things do "hit the fans" as they says. :(

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
Prevention is all well and good but don't forget your backups! Just in case things do "hit the fans" as they says. :(
Thanks for mentioning that. I forgot to ad that in my post. We also use backups to protect our computers just in case of any unforeseen events. :smiley:

xXInfectedXx

Quite the Aristocrat
Mar 26, 2015
Mine is password protected. My family knows it. I have nothing to hide and I know they wouldn't change any of my personal settings. Outside my family, no one knows my password and I'm very protective of PC. Don't like anyone touching it or using it.