Idea for a new forum.

Drew

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Feb 13, 2016
xenfiles.com
I was trying to solve a problem with my new laptop today and I thought to myself, "Wow, there's not really many options on the internet for tech support unless you want to set on a phone for hours". So i'm thinking of making a forum just solely based on tech support and helping people with their problems, people can earn credits for helping people etc, It sounds good on paper but i'm just not sure. There's some huge forums that do the same thing already such as BleepingComputer, let me know your thoughts please? Be honest, if you think it'll burn hard, tell me before I spend the money on doing this.

Hux

Constantly Improving
Oct 20, 2017
I think it's definitely a good idea. I know there's a lot of tech support forums out there, but I haven't been on many that offer support for a range of different systems and devices. I think it would be a good idea to also have certain members of the team on their own sections depending on their skill. So for example someone who is very good with mobile devices could run that section, webmasters another, technicians and so on.. (if the forum was to feature a multitude of devices). It would be interesting and I'd be up for giving a hand if you did so!

Drew

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Feb 13, 2016
xenfiles.com
I think it's definitely a good idea. I know there's a lot of tech support forums out there, but I haven't been on many that offer support for a range of different systems and devices. I think it would be a good idea to also have certain members of the team on their own sections depending on their skill. So for example someone who is very good with mobile devices could run that section, webmasters another, technicians and so on.. (if the forum was to feature a multitude of devices). It would be interesting and I'd be up for giving a hand if you did so!
Any name ideas?