NameCheap

Bizarrio

Constantly Improving
Nov 14, 2017
I am with Namecheap for about 6 years. I believe it is a great place to buy domain from. I also managed to sell 3 domains in their marketplace.

Furthermore, I tried their hosting service a while ago and service was superb. However, their hosting packages are probably slightly pricey.

TheWhiteNinja978

Quite the Aristocrat
Apr 4, 2016
I am with Namecheap for about 6 years. I believe it is a great place to buy domain from. I also managed to sell 3 domains in their marketplace.

Furthermore, I tried their hosting service a while ago and service was superb. However, their hosting packages are probably slightly pricey.
Don't namecheap own the mail dot com website?

Bizarrio

Constantly Improving
Nov 14, 2017
I don't really know if they own mail.com. Namecheap has their own email service anyway. Why would they need another similar service?

I just googled and I didn't find any connection between Namecheap and mail.com. I do not think they are affiliated with each other.

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
Some domains and some registrars will run promotions to get new customers to buy domains, then when you renew the domain it will be full price.
I'd say that's most domain registrars, and I've especially noticed NameCheap doing that with their $0.88 domains that they have been promoting so much lately. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with registrars doing things like this, so long as they are upfront regarding the renewal costs for the domain.

jyy

Quite the Aristocrat
Sep 6, 2017
Renewal prices can be quite steep. For instance, I got this killer .host domain recently, but I know full well the renewal will be around 80 dollars - but I feel it's worth the price. However, though, for other projects, I might not want to pay renewals of that much or even renewals of 20 dollars.

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Nov 4, 2017
Renewal prices can be quite steep. For instance, I got this killer .host domain recently, but I know full well the renewal will be around 80 dollars - but I feel it's worth the price. However, though, for other projects, I might not want to pay renewals of that much or even renewals of 20 dollars.
I am confused on why people are "confused" about this. This happens everywhere. That first month gym membership at your local gym may be only a buck. But comes at 20 bucks or so per month after that for instance.

The reason it happens is that these businesses think that you won't leave. However I beg to differ and would rather pay a known amount per month.

jyy

Quite the Aristocrat
Sep 6, 2017
I am confused on why people are "confused" about this. This happens everywhere. That first month gym membership at your local gym may be only a buck. But comes at 20 bucks or so per month after that for instance.

The reason it happens is that these businesses think that you won't leave. However I beg to differ and would rather pay a known amount per month.
Some people are short on money at the time. That doesn't mean they won't pay a lot more pay later.

I'd say that's most domain registrars, and I've especially noticed NameCheap doing that with their $0.88 domains that they have been promoting so much lately. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with registrars doing things like this, so long as they are upfront regarding the renewal costs for the domain.
Finding out the renewal price isn't hard on Namecheap.