Closed [NOT AVAILABLE] Valid Xenforo license available for use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Drastically Average
Jan 18, 2018
The original intent for this topic was to loan the license to someone free of charge but I have come to find out that this is against the License Agreement of Xenforo.

I bought a Xenforo license back in September of 2016 and used it for a few months for a project of my own and I would like to see it get used. I am not looking to be staff on your forum if you choose to utilize this unless you choose to do that yourself.

This license will remain in my account and will not be transferred to yours unless you offer me a reimbursement seeing as the license can only be transferred once and I would no longer have ownership of the license.

This license also had updates/support expire on Sep 22, 2017 - if this license actually gets some use I will pay the $40 required to continue getting updates or if you want updates faster then feel free to shoot $40 over to me in PayPal...but only if you are comfortable with it and you trust me.

If you have any question about the validity of my license let me know and I can PM you the proof

If you are interested please fill out the following...
Code:
[b]Do you already own a forum or do you want to create one?[/b]:
[b]What niche do you own/want to create?[/b]:
[b]Why do you deserve to use the license?[/b]:

Last edited:

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Retired Staff
Nov 4, 2017
I bought a Xenforo license back in September of 2016 and used it for a few months for a project of my own and I would like to see it get used. I am not looking to be staff on your forum if you choose to utilize this unless you choose to do that yourself.

This license will remain in my account and will not be transferred to yours unless you offer me a reimbursement seeing as the license can only be transferred once and I would no longer have ownership of the license.

This license also had updates/support expire on Sep 22, 2017 - if this license actually gets some use I will pay the $40 required to continue getting updates or if you want updates faster then feel free to shoot $40 over to me in PayPal...but only if you are comfortable with it and you trust me.

If you have any question about the validity of my license let me know and I can PM you the proof

If you are interested please fill out the following...
Code:
[b]Do you already own a forum or do you want to create one?[/b]:
[b]What niche do you own/want to create?[/b]:
[b]Why do you deserve to use the license?[/b]:
I am sorry but no one is going to let someone who can essentially shut down a forum with a push of button. Which means this offering is not going to interest any serious forum owner.

I would rather either actually give it away (less transfer fees if they apply) or just sell it at reduced cost.

Daniel

Drastically Average
Jan 18, 2018
At this point I'm not terribly interested in selling unless someone offers enough money at this point.
If someone doesn't trust that I won't take it down that's for them to judge. I have used this license once and don't have interest in using any time soon because life is way too busy, if I somehow get time to run a forum or find a reason for using it, I will just buy another license. I am just putting the offer out there. If someone uses it, great, if not, also great.

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Retired Staff
Nov 4, 2017
At this point I'm not terribly interested in selling unless someone offers enough money at this point.
If someone doesn't trust that I won't take it down that's for them to judge. I have used this license once and don't have interest in using any time soon because life is way too busy, if I somehow get time to run a forum or find a reason for using it, I will just buy another license. I am just putting the offer out there. If someone uses it, great, if not, also great.
Thank you for understanding that, however you and the person interested should validate that license sharing/subletting is permitted under Xenoforo's ToS/EULA. Because I am aware of another forum software that won't allow this.

Since if violated they will not only terminate the license(s) but often times close your account while they are at it.

Daniel

Drastically Average
Jan 18, 2018
Thank you for understanding that, however you and the person interested should validate that license sharing/subletting is permitted under Xenoforo's ToS/EULA. Because I am aware of another forum software that won't allow this.

Since if violated they will not only terminate the license(s) but often times close your account while they are at it.
Hmm, it's interesting cause what you say is valid but it also begs the question on the allowance of selling your license to someone...

3. Restrictions
This license is granted to You alone. You may not redistribute the Software in whole or in part. You may not rent, lease, sub-license, sell, assign, pledge, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Software in any form, on a temporary or permanent basis, without the prior written consent of XenForo Limited.

For the avoidance of doubt, You are solely responsible for managing content posted using your installation of the Software (“Your Content”). XenForo Limited shall have no liability in respect of Your Content including but not limited to its accuracy or lawfulness.

You are solely responsible for ensuring that Your Content and Your use of the Software complies with all applicable legislation and regulations, including but not limited to all applicable Data Protection and Privacy legislation. You undertake to ensure that the Software is not used by You or others to engage in illegal activity. You may not use the software to engage in any activity that would violate the rights of third parties. You hereby agree to indemnify Us from any loss or damage arising from Your breach of this provision.
Maybe I am just unclear with this? At any extent, after briefly reading through the license agreement I am going to revoke my offer here. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Retired Staff
Nov 4, 2017
Hmm, it's interesting cause what you say is valid but it also begs the question on the allowance of selling your license to someone...

Maybe I am just unclear with this? At any extent, after briefly reading through the license agreement I am going to revoke my offer here. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
No your absolutely correct they don't let you do ANYTHING with it. So the smart thing to do is indeed revoke it like you just did. Even if it indeed "insane" that they don't even allow selling of it.

Normally it just you cannot have "notyourdomain.com" on "yourlicensekey" in order to prevent people from bypassing transfer fees and such. But I bet because of their ToS they don't have a way to transfer the key LEGALLY.

Daniel

Drastically Average
Jan 18, 2018
No your absolutely correct they don't let you do ANYTHING with it. So the smart thing to do is indeed revoke it like you just did. Even if it indeed "insane" that they don't even allow selling of it.

Normally it just you cannot have "notyourdomain.com" on "yourlicensekey" in order to prevent people from bypassing transfer fees and such. But I bet because of their ToS they don't have a way to transfer the key LEGALLY.
But they do allow transferring licensing to another persons account and they are fine with selling it to someone as long as it gets transferred to their account. So they must be talking about the actual license key file?

Anyway, this topic could probably get closed all together.

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Retired Staff
Nov 4, 2017
But they do allow transferring licensing to another persons account and they are fine with selling it to someone as long as it gets transferred to their account. So they must be talking about the actual license key file?
Honestly at that point you would want to ask them.

Anyway, this topic could probably get closed all together.
I had done this so it now locked. :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.