Short or long blog posts?

Discussion in 'Blogging Discussions' started by Boroku, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Boroku

Boroku Constantly Improving

That's my question. Should I stick with writing short posts or long blog posts? Should I switch in between or should I write somewhere in between?

2. mop8899

mop8899 Retired Administrator
    Retired Staff

Depends on the certain post. If you need more content, make it long. If it's too much and boring to read, make it shorter.

3. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Constantly Improving

I think that something shorter is the way to go. People honestly don't want to sit around and read something long because they either don't have the time, or we just don't like sitting down that long to read something. We like to be able to get information faster, and we end up skimming articles if they are too long.

4. Mr.Panos

Mr.Panos Quite the Aristocrat

It depends. Having interesting long articles will definitely attract many visitors. However, each paragraph should not be more than 8-10 sentences. The wrong structure of the paragraphs makes an article look too long.
    I always prefer long articles with much information! :smiley:

5. mop8899

mop8899 Retired Administrator
    Retired Staff

As Pat from Passive Income says, "However long it needs to be."

And other people but he said it too. Sorry for posting twice but I was reading his stuff last night.

6. Gatsby

Gatsby Former Moderator

It really does not matter, write what you need to say and that is good enough!

Ridley likes this.
  7. WizeFox22

WizeFox22 Constantly Improving

It depends on the nature of your blog. What is the niche? I do a mix of both depending on what I am talking about.

8. Christopher

Christopher Former Owner
    Retired Staff

I think it depends on the situation or I should say the context. Is it something that needs to be explained in further detail or is it something that can be explained in a few sentences? It all depends... Sometimes less is more, but sometimes more is the answer.

9. Blu3Blissey

Blu3Blissey Constantly Improving

I think shorter ones do better if your main readers are younger. Like for me, I mainly write about things that teens and 20 somethings would be interested in so I keep things short. Not too short though!

10. PSpringz

PSpringz Constantly Improving

I have some very long posts and some that are quite short and the ones that are shorter with more pictures do the best so that is telling. lol

11. Ridley

Ridley Moderation Director

Well put. I completely agree with you. If someone has something small to write, then let the article should be short and to the point. If they have a lot to say, then the article should not be too long and have strong in depth meaning to it. The writer needs to state what needs to be stated and that is all.