SSL Certificate?

erik

Quite the Aristocrat
Aug 30, 2017
I understand then SSL or all you use https for your domain, it make your site more secure. so can you tell me the easiest way that how I can make SSL Certificate. Is this paid system?

Drew

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Feb 13, 2016
xenfiles.com
Oh bullshit. Unless you're processing transactions on your own website (uh, why, you're not a bank), LetsEncrypt is fine.

Comodo is basically the same thing, but LE is a lot easier to obtain, and to install -- it mostly does it for you.
If you're wanting to run a successful website, a SSL certificate is nescesary. Google automatically puts websites with SSL certificate first in page ranking.

Clarendon

Almost Special
Banned
Oct 22, 2017
London
Considering SSL is free from some providers I feel it is something that all websites should have and is a great feature :smiley:

Noble Genius

Despairingly Simple
Oct 23, 2017
New York City
Wouldn't it be nice if there was an encryption system for SSL setup by W3? SSL does three things. First, it provides encryption. Secondly, it minimizes the chance of some falsely claiming to be your site. And third, a paid SSL certificate can confirm the owner and site's credibility at a level chosen by the buyer. The encryption part should be universally offered. Free SSL providers believe in that, but this is something that should be standardized and offered freely across the world wide web. I suspect this hasn't been done yet, because there's money in selling SSL certificates.

I also predict that if money is the issue, Google Chrome or Google, will one day show preference to paid SSL certificates over Let's Encrypt using a ploy such as "security concerns."

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
I also predict that if money is the issue, Google Chrome or Google, will one day show preference to paid SSL certificates over Let's Encrypt using a ploy such as "security concerns."
That sounds similar to all that happened with Google and co.cc domains a few years ago, but hopefully this doesn't ever happen. Let's Encrypt is a pretty great thing. It's never been easier to get SSL for your websites. I can literally attach Let's Encrypt SSL to a domain in a matter of 1-2 clicks in my cPanel.

Clarendon

Almost Special
Banned
Oct 22, 2017
London
There is, currently, absolutely no reason for that to occur.
Actually I have had issues over free SSL certificates in the past which led me just to buy one, especially with the Chrome browser. I agree that soon browsers may be turning preference over to paid certificates which is unfair

Chris Grigg

Executive
Executive
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
www.USHost247.com
You can easily purchase and have your host install the SSL for you. Most hosts should install it for you for free. SSL is a requirement now days as you get bad google ratings for not having it.
SSL can be free and paid. LetsEncrypt introduced free SSL certs.