What is the best language for app websites?

mrester

Surprisingly Adequate
Apr 25, 2016
I'm interested in creating an app website... maybe a SaaS tool. What language is best for it?

JewishPoptart89

Retired Administrator
Retired Staff
Council
Nov 27, 2015
Wisconsin
Udemy.com is where I basically learn everything. Lucky for you, all courses are max priced at $50 unlike when I bought them for $200 plus :/

Simon

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Aug 29, 2017
I've heard the best coding for web designing is HTML, CSS, and Java. Java would bring in the applications you desire.

JewishPoptart89

Retired Administrator
Retired Staff
Council
Nov 27, 2015
Wisconsin
I've heard the best coding for web designing is HTML, CSS, and Java. Java would bring in the applications you desire.
The only problem with that is Javascript is slow. The more Javascript you use, the less Google with favor you.

I meant just plain Java. But, yeah it is good to note that Javascript could hinder the website if used too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clarendon

Almost Special
Banned
Oct 22, 2017
London
Java is great for Android Development and you should use the official Android SDK which takes a while to grasp but is a powerful suite.

For IOS, I believe it has it's own language but I think, correct me if I'm wrong, you need a Mac or Macbook to make IOS applications which turned me away from development.

Ridew

Surprisingly Adequate
Nov 6, 2017
Java is great for Android Development and you should use the official Android SDK which takes a while to grasp but is a powerful suite.

For IOS, I believe it has it's own language but I think, correct me if I'm wrong, you need a Mac or Macbook to make IOS applications which turned me away from development.
Well, as you know, Apple's development has is own tools like Xcode IDE for MAC OS, but you can use a third-party cross-platform development tools to get around these limitations. Many developers choose to work with Xamarin platform to develop native applications for any environment.

Clarendon

Almost Special
Banned
Oct 22, 2017
London
Well, as you know, Apple's development has is own tools like Xcode IDE for MAC OS, but you can use a third-party cross-platform development tools to get around these limitations. Many developers choose to work with Xamarin platform to develop native applications for any environment.
Xamarin is something I'm learning atm and it is a very nice cross platform suite :smiley: