What would you like to see at Website Forums?

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
Did we ever get the custom directory finished? A cleanup would be nice.
Quite frankly, our directory addon is straight up trash, and I've been contemplating removing it altogether. There's actually a pretty great premium link directory addon now too, that we should probably consider getting.

Can we have a different colour on the Hosting Client rank bar thing? It’s throwing me out.
We can definitely fix that.

What color is it for you? Require has the Hosting Client rank bar and it's the same color as the Executive rank bar, but I could have sworn that it was gray at one point. Maybe I'm crazy. :yum:

JewishPoptart89

Retired Administrator
Retired Staff
Council
Nov 27, 2015
Wisconsin
Quite frankly, our directory addon is straight up trash, and I've been contemplating removing it altogether. There's actually a pretty great premium link directory addon now too, that we should probably consider getting.
We should put together a donation pool, I'd throw a couple bucks your way to buy it. We're all benefitting from it, no reason you should have to pay for the whole thing out of pocket.

Reddit does it, why can't we :yum:

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
We should put together a donation pool, I'd throw a couple bucks your way to buy it. We're all benefitting from it, no reason you should have to pay for the whole thing out of pocket.

Reddit does it, why can't we :yum:
Nah, that won't be necessary. We're not going to do anything until the new XenForo version comes out though. I'm really excited about XenForo V2.

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
It's currently in the beta stages and is being run on xf.com, so I'd say soon.
Yeah, the beta has been out since like the beginning of August, so I definitely expect them to be announcing the official release sometime this fall. We'll definitely be making the upgrade, and I'm hoping all of that happens before the end of this year.

Clarendon

Almost Special
Banned
Oct 22, 2017
London
This place looks and feels amazing, there's a strong sense of community here which is awesome!

It would nice to perhaps see some tags to organise a few categories but apart from that this place is amazing, great job Cameron :smile:

Clarendon

Almost Special
Banned
Oct 22, 2017
London
Are you referring to the topic prefixes that allow you to sort through forums easier?
Yeah we could tag certain posts like in the phpBB section there could be [Support] [Discussion] etc. With a tab-able menu at the top of the page where you can display only topics with the selected tag