What would you like to see at Website Forums?

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
Yeah we could tag certain posts like in the phpBB section there could be [Support] [Discussion] etc. With a tab-able menu at the top of the page where you can display only topics with the selected tag
Oh, I see what you mean. What prefixes would you like to see added, and which forums would you want those prefixes added to?

Cryckit

Retired Executive
Retired Staff
Jun 13, 2017
Missouri
Maybe a share post type of thing? That way we can share the posts we make to other sites, :smiley:
We already have that feature for threads that are created here on the forum. It includes share buttons for Google+, Twitter, and Facebook. Scroll down and look at the bottom of this page. I'm not sure if there is a feature that can be implemented to share individual posts from here to other sites.

Sean Quinn

Almost Special
What would you suggest being used with the points? I'd hate to see this path go towards "services" like posts/reviews and whatnot.
If points system was to be added, i also agree that post / comment packages, etc.. shouldn't be added really. :yum: I would say having a "Forum Cash Exchange" forums would be good and people can earn points / forum cash by posting around then buying things directly from each other. So there would be a Forum Cash Exchange forum and the Community Collaboration forum for the non-forum exchange exchanges. :yum: Also could do things like restrict the number of links allowed in a signature, but this can be increased by purchased bigger sig allowance with forum cash. :yum: Things like that, but not posting packages, etc..

That said, i would use the post packages, etc.. if they where there, but in my opinion, you want to keep this forum as a place to learn about building and managing website, dont want to turn it into an exchange forum or package forum where that becomes the only reason people visit. :yum:

Cameron

Executive Director
Executive
Jan 29, 2015
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net

Friendly Survival

Moderation Director
Retired Staff
Nov 4, 2017
I'd prefer to steer clear of implementing a points system, and I believe the majority of the community feels that way.
That's goes double for me. I would too prefer just allowing people to pay real money as donations for extra goodies rather than this "mess" of points and all.